BPC Action is currently seeking a communications assistant to support activities for BPC Action, the 501(c)(4) partner of the Bipartisan Policy Center. The communications assistant will be responsible for a variety of tasks to support the fast-paced government affairs team, including writing and disseminating communications materials and legislative tracking to drive team goals and deadlines and supporting administrative operations as needed.
- Writing: Assist BPC Action communications staff with the drafting and dissemination of digital content including emails, website posts, and social media posts.
- Graphic Design: Creating designed materials including handouts and graphics for digital content that showcase BPC Action’s work and successes.
- Data Tracking and Analysis: Maintain communications databases to track various metrics including email and digital traffic data.
- Strategic Research: Provide research assistance on best communications strategies and assist with implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
TEAM OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Team Administrative Support: Serve as back-up to and assist the BPC Action project assistant with general administrative duties, including but not limited to, scheduling and meeting preparation, invoicing and contracts, intern management, and Board coordination.
- Organizational Management: Work with operations team to drive a system to manage advocacy team deadlines, goals, deliverables, and other workstream matters, including designing and maintaining dashboards or other tools to help track goals.
- Strategic Impact Tracking: Help manage internal and external databases to track various metrics of success, including all engagements and requests from Capitol Hill offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to independently organize, plan, prioritize, and complete work under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced team environment with little supervision.
- Strong attention to detail, including proofreading skills.
- Solid communications skills, including keeping supervisors regularly apprised of workload.
- Flexibility to provide rapid response support, quickly pivot as team priorities and goals shift, and provide support where needed given the capacity of a small team.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Solution-oriented mindset and positive attitude.
- Previous work on Capitol Hill or an advocacy organization and communications experience a plus.
BPC offers a highly competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send resume, cover letter and writing sample in one document. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. BPC does not sponsor employment visas.
BPC is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
The health and safety of our community is our highest priority. As such, the Bipartisan Policy Center is encouraging all newly hired staff members to be fully vaccinated with an FDA-authorized and/or approved COVID-19 vaccine, and to receive a booster shot as soon as eligible
The work/life balance of employees is a priority for the Bipartisan Policy Center. As a result, BPC is currently operating on a hybrid schedule. Employees at BPC are currently coming into the office three times a week. Exact time and schedules will be determined between an employee and their manager.