Project Assistant, BPC Action
BPC Action is committed to seeing bipartisan policy solutions enacted into law, and we work closely with our 501(c)(3) partner, the Bipartisan Policy Center, to advance smart policies through the legislative process.
While reasoned and rigorous analysis is a solid precursor to sound public policy, this alone does not move the political process. To impact the public dialogue and influence policy outcomes, BPC Action engages in aggressive advocacy and implements strategic education and outreach plans designed to bring Republicans and Democrats together to achieve policy changes on polarizing issues.
- Scheduling: assist the advocacy team in scheduling meetings with congressional offices and stakeholder groups, as well as physical and virtual Capitol Hill events. Manage scheduling for Executive Director. Arrange travel for BPC Action staff and Board of Directors, as necessary.
- Project Support: primary administrative support to BPC Action including fielding phone calls and other clerical tasks; prepping materials for weekly meetings; completing quarterly LDA legal reports to ensure ethics compliance; processing reimbursement requests, invoices and credit card statements.
- Tracking: maintain databases to track various metrics, including meetings and briefings with congressional offices, other requests from the Hill, and grant reports.
- Organizational: oversee logistics for and attend project-related meetings as requested by BPC Action staff, including booking conference rooms, ordering catering, preparing pre-meeting and post-meeting notes and memorandum, etc.
- Communications and Events: work with BPC Action communications staff on electronic dissemination of policy materials and event invites to congressional offices; maintain targeted mailing lists of Hill staffers; assist in the management of CRM system; work with the Events team to plan and support internal and external events.
- Research: provide policy and legislative research assistance as needed.
- Management: working with operations coordinator, manage intern selection and program activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to manage and complete multiple tasks under deadlines
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Previous Hill experience and knowledge of the legislative process a plus
- Previous scheduling experience a plus
BPC Action offers a competitive salary and provides generous benefits. Individuals interested in this position should send a resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title Project Assistant, BPC Action in the subject line of the application email. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. BPC Action does not sponsor employment visas.
BPC Action is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.